View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 08:52 AM   #1
Kafziel
AF Regular

Taking shit from my friends about my mods

Just a funny story (well, it's funny to me, anyway):

My roommate drives a '98 EX 4-door. I drive a '97 EX coupe. When I first started fixing mine up last year, he liked to give me shit about being a ricer. Now, my car looks almost stock, except for rims and the tailpipe. But he had jokes about the exhaust, the header, the cai, etc. Said I was too old and too white to be fucking with a Civic.

The other day we drove down to Six Flags in New Jersey. We took his car. It was hilarious watching him try to get up to speed on the Garden State Parkway and the Turnpike. We damn near got killed a few times while his silly ass tried to get out in front of tractor trailers and shit. Next to mine, driving in his car feels like driving in a Yugo. It's hard to imagine I drove mine like that for 5 years.

Now the best part. On the drive home, he starts asking me about how much it would cost to get more horsepower out of his car. Suddenly, my car isn't so funny anymore. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a convert!

Anyone else get shit from their friends and have a good story about showing them up?