View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 06:20 PM   #13
Nevet99
AF Newbie

Cool Re: 99 buick park avenue no air out of vents auto or not

Having the title's air flow problem with my '99 (2000?) BPA, and experiencing a reluctance from my B-dealer to repair it, I thought, what the heck, I'll google it to see what insights I may be able to acquire from the web for a possible DIY project by a non-mechanic retired engineer (me). So finding this forum quickly, I was amazed and educated by a page full of really helpful comments, altho it all sounds pretty complicated and not likely a DIY candidate!

That said, I'll get to my (now revised) point. As a 20 yr owner w/only 74Kmi on my PA, that considering my soCal environment I really don't need all those variable directional settings...and come to think of it, I'd actually be happier to jury-rig a 'fix' that would just freeze the system permanently to the dashboard-only flow, which if doable, would also likely be a lot less expensive than repairing to a factory performance which I don't need (or want) anyway.

So that's it...I didn't see any post suggesting that option, so what say you guys? Anyone think it's feasible or not?
Nevet99 is offline   Reply With Quote