View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 07:01 PM   #9
MomsBoxxRocks
AF Newbie

Re: Thats hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colema62
Toyota is appealing to younger buyers so that they can appreciate a cheaper car that still looks good and drives great and has excellent quality. If they are "brainwashing" people, I say good, cause at least these "brainwashed" people are getting an excellent, reliable car that will last them 250,000 miles and beyond. I currently drive a 1991 Toyota Celica, that has 285,000 miles on it, and still runs like the day it was made. If I am "Brainwashed" by toyota, THANK GOD, cause I'm saving a shitload more money than you are if you like PT cruisers.

I agree with you (Colema62) and the others that are for Toyota. But, I am a firm believer that everone has a right to their own opinions, so that is why I am putting in my two cents because I have a 2005 Scion XB. It is a month old and I am glad I made my purchase.

Though, I'm not in the "younger" generation, so to speak, I like it because we needed a bigger car for our family. I had a convertible (which I traded in for my box) and I had to deal with putting a 9mo. old in a back seat everyday. Now that I have my "tissue box", "box on wheels", "toaster" or whatever 'ionpulse' wants to call them, I save on gas, the cargo room is more than enough, with lots of extras added and all for UNDER $21 grand.

I went for the price as well saving on gas and it doesn't have that "typical" family mobile look to it. I'm a mom (but not your typical mom) and I would rather drive a box than a "soccer mom" minivan or a gas guzzling SUV. The "box" is small and though it may not have a lot of power, it gets me to where I need to go and back and it sure does get a lot of "what kind of car is that?" looks.

With the economy the way it is, we should be happy that people are buying cars...no matter what kind or who made it.

Thanks for letting share my opinion...and thank you Toyota for your Scion Division.