View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #56
Airportguy
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: How Many Miles On Your Aerostar??????

Wife and I bought our 91 XL for $1600 bucks from a dealer backlot. It was sitting WAY in the back, i guess because it wasnt new or flashy enough. We were looking for a minivan, some kind of newer front drive. We jokingly looked at the Ford, and well, when we test drove it, I looked at her sheepishly, and said "I dont want to like this van, but, It just plain awesome." Its b right red, regular length, 7 passenger 2wd. It had around 150000 when we bought it, and now has 214000. Same tranny, same little reliable 3.0 Vulcan. I have had fun with it by changing out the wheels with a set of mustang rims from some kind of 90s model, and bought a Cobra SVT badge set for it. I get comments all the time about how rare a Cobra Aerostar must be. Duh! Repairs: New muffler and tailpipe, in-tank fuel pump (that sucked), New steering rack (was cheaper than dirt from the internet), brake rotors, ignition switch. I do all my own work, so all in all, maybe $450, not counting tires and whatnot. I will miss this van when it dies. Not worth the labor to swap out transmission or engine.
Airportguy is offline   Reply With Quote