View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
jzajzz
AF Newbie

Saab 9-3 vs. Volvo S60

I'm in the market for a new car... a used one..

I'm down to 2 ... Saab and Volvo because the used cars are relatively cheap compared to the other makes in their class because they've depreciated so much

This is where I plan on buying the car... it is close to where I live and has a good number of both saabs and volvos ... www.bournes.com

saab 9-3 .. 2003 or better

pros: Great look, spacious and still not a "big body" car, it goes for about 12k-15k ... 45k-60k miles
there are even good 2004's that go for about this price .... This was my 1st choice but I have a hard time finding the color I want that has a Tan interior..at the price and miles I want..

Cons: Leather seats are not as smooth and thick as the volvo leather..., 170 hp compared to 208 of Volvo,

Volvo s-60 2002-2003 or better
pros: great leather seats, nice interior, great selection out there... i can find the color i want in the price I want, better horsepower

cons: I like the 9-3 look better, a little Less affordable than the saab... most of the ones in my price range are 2002's .. compared to saab's 2003 and 2004.. and the 2003 I can find are usually the colors I don't want.. , tight rear seat space (not that important), i've heard that the 2002 and 2001 s60 has an ETM problem .. and that it's fixed on the 2003 or later models.. .but like I said it's not as easy finding 2003's in my price range as it is for 2002... but i heard that the 2002 s60Turbo does not have this problem but again its not as easy finding those...

OVERALL: If the saab had the leather that the volvo does and the number of cars available in my area.. I definitely go with Saab...

but anyone who knows something about those two models.. s 60 and 9-3 .. tell me the pros and cons . .that you have experienced..