View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
Desniper
AF Newbie

Exclamation Please help. 03 alero engine issues

Hello my name is Clint. About a month ago our alero randomly lost power. Computer shows a "Bank 1 system lean" faultand recommended by a dealer was replace the fuel pump. Well that didn't work. After it gets to normal operating temps and we kill the engine starting it up it slogs and chugs and you have to repeatedly feather the gas until it the engin gains rpms and have to hold it there for 20 seconds or so. It pushed me off one day and I threw my cold water at the engine and it soaked the fuel rails and injectors. Bad idea I know on a hot engine but it reminded me of my old Corolla and it vapor locked so I cranked it right up and she ran fine. Still no power. Now I carry a bottle of water with me to cool the fuel rail and injectors and it cranks every time like it is truly vapor locking so the question is Should I replace the injectorsor the fuel rail? Dealerships are out of the question cause me and my baby are expecting our first child and wanna try nd save as much as possible. Any suggestions will help greatly. I'm very mechanically inclined as I worked at a dealership before my 10 year stint in the Army. So no chore is to small. But the dealers here are telling me it's the fuel pump. Another tells me no it's the filter and another one again wants me to replace the whole fuel system. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Desniper is offline   Reply With Quote