View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #1
Choomaic
AF Newbie

Question GM Heated Seats Wont Stay Off

HELP! I'm hoping to figure out the solution to a problem that has been driving me nuts and now that it is getting warm outside I am dreading driving my hummer because I cant turn the heated seats off. I have a 2006 Hummer H2 with heated seats and the heated seat for the drivers seat wont stay off no matter what I do or how many times I turn it off with the button in the door. Sometimes it will turn back on within 10 seconds and other times it can take 1 to 2 minutes - it is so random and frustrating. The button to turn the seats on/up/down works just fine but no matter what I set it to it will automatically start cycling through the levels over and over again. For example, lets say I start the car and I don't turn the heated seats on. About 10 to 60 seconds later it will turn on to the lowest level setting and then every 10 seconds it goes up a level until its on full and then turns off and starts back over again at low. One thing I noticed is that I can hear a "click" from under the dashboard(or under seat maybe) when it turns on by itself(shorted relay?)

So I guess my questions would be:
1. Is there a unit or relay that I can replace?
2. Does anyone know which fuse can temporarily disable the heated seat(s)?
Choomaic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Choomaic For This Useful Post:
notty queen (05-14-2018)