View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
2Devious
AF Newbie

Carputer Install (IMAGE INTENSIVE)

The Carputer is up and running. Only thing I still need to install is the Sub...that should arrive sometime next week.

Pioneer DEH-770MP
Lilliput 7" Motorized touchscreen

In place of the ashtray is the PC LEDs, Power switch for the inverter, Power & Reset for the PC.

I took an external USB drive case, disassemled it, installed it into the bottom of the center console, and connected it to the DVD-ROM which is installed in the flip up door. A false floor in the console hides all the USB conversion stuff.

False floor is made about 1" above where the stock false floor used to be. The PC itself is installed on the left hand side of the trunk, cooled by 2 80mm blue led fans. A stinger 1.2Farad cap sends power to the inverter on the back seat and eventually to the subs amp.

Underneath the false floor, is the PC on the left and the still accessable spare tire/tools/jack. Oh, and a crapload of wiring.

The open screen:

Screen / Windows XP Pro:

Screen running MediaEngine:

Think I spent about a good 50+ hours on the whole project so far. Everything was installed b y me, and anything that needed to be fabricated was done by me. Still have a few things I want to iron out, but it is 100% functional and sounds great!
Ralliart Filter | Bomz Intake Body | 3SX Lightened Crank Pulley | 3SX Polished Spark Plug Cover | Blue silicone hoses | Polished plenum | Painted / detailed valve cover | De Corsa Fusion Black 18x8.5 wheels | White/Blue Glow gauge faces |Pioneer DEH-P770MP Head Unit | Lilliput 7" motorized touchscreen | Audiobahn 6x9s | Audiobahn 5.25s | Audiobahn ATB10AT Sub | Stinger Digital 1.2 Farad Cap | AMD XP 2100+ CPU | 1G Ram | 60G HD | SBLive! | Nvidia GeForce
2Devious is offline   Reply With Quote