View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 04:14 AM   #1
ace91
AF Regular

repsol honda rc211v '05(max biaggi)

hi guys,

it's been a long time since i have a wip model or even displaying my work. it's due to the problems with the postage law in my country that i can't get my hands on the spray cans.

anyway, i'll explain more in this thread.

firstly, i've been trying to make this model for a long time. i got the model kit that is the lcr rc211v '06 as the kit donor & i got the decal set that is mc version. here is the pic of the decal set below. but due to lack of paints needed for this model; the kit, the decal set & the extra part which i order from rainbow ten website has been in my room for at least 4 months.

since i got the colors needed for this bike, i've started building it but i'm gonna make it real slow due to work. this is the photo of the engine. here, i used my leftovers of the '03 clutch(i guess it's almost look alike like the one in the '05 version. please correct me if i'm wrong about my theory on that) & the '03 clutch cover after taking a look at my pit walk photo book.

now for the paints, i know that it's gonna sound stupid but i have to say this. firstly i went to an art shop & i saw some spray cans that i need for the bike. the can is really big but the result seems to be fine. i'm not sure whether you heard of this brand or not except for those who have painted the house before, i'm using the nippon paints spray can. i know it's ridicolous but i have no choice. this is the result when i use the mentioned spray can on the wheels.

well, that'll be it for the time being until the next post.

oh i forgot, can anyone tell me where i can get nicky hayden's parts? i would like to build the repsol '04 or '05 version with nicky hayden's no. on it but it'll be much nicer if i can get nicky hayden's part for the rear brake disc & the holder.

adrian
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote