View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 11:45 AM   #13
Lethidox
AF Newbie

Re: Can catalytic converter cause misfire?

I ended up reading the cylinders wrong but yea it was correct way. Put in the new coil pack still misfire. I ended up replacing all the spark plugs and seemed to work now.

Drove to work today which is about 11 miles no light came on. So yea you were right the misfire seemed to cause the 420 code. Drives 60 uphill too.

They turned it 1 time clock wise the engine that is so I read it wrong. So my cylinder 1 is in the back left corner near my compressor I believe. Cylinder 6 is next to the serpentine belt in the front of the car. I was reading it backwards though so I thought 6 was 1.

I think it has 4 sensors but I got to check so far I only found 2. 1 by my header in the front and 1 right before the catalytic. Planning to replace them with the catalytic next week.

Thanks for the help likely wouldn't have figure wtf is wrong without you guys. I added some additive to clean out my injectors if that doesn't work I'll probably replace that after.

Didn't hear a burp sound like yesterday so hopefully that is good but I think it could of been the water pump because I didn't burp my radiator good when I flushed it after replacing the pump. Runs colder but still fluctuates at least once when warming up
Lethidox is offline   Reply With Quote