View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 03:16 AM   #1
r0b1n
AF Newbie

garageHEART- Nissan Sunny Truck VTEC

Hi All,

With the Fairlady build coming to an end we have another build that some might have seen on our premises. It might have fooled some in thinking it's Hakosuka but this one is more a take-over project. Also it has plenty borrowed parts, one from a GT-R Hakosuka and the other from a Honda S2000. This is one truck with a serious identity crisis.

Story
My good friend Dadaman (Raees) started this build in the heart of the Sunny Truck craze, then the craze was further extended with a Hakosuka front being made for sunny trucks and it was dubbed a Hakotora. This was also the start of Dadaman's personal build's being put on hold to finish a few commission builds and I approached him and said, "Bud realistically you will not get to finish it and allow garageHEART to complete it!" Well money was handed over for it as well and it ended up at gH. Am I going to do Raees proud? Probably not and here is why...

Direction
I personally own an actual Sunny truck and have owned it before the craze hit, this allowed me to buy all the cool stuff for it before the hype tax hit and this allowed me to touch the very surface of this chassis. I know these trucks very well (without boasting) which will allow me to use this experience and hopefully build a fairly detailed Sunny. Adding to that , I would not have gone Hako front as I simply love the OEM fronts, however the attention a Hakotora gets will be good for business, therefore this Truck will be garageHEART's delivery vehicle.

So I might not do Raees proud by going all flashy and fancy colours and big wide wheels etc. But will be a low and fast Truck so that customers can get their parts quickly. With weighing in under 800kg's even if i go sr20ve it will be pretty quick but I want something different, so we chose an F20 from an s2000. Maybe I need Instagram now to get plenty likes and jump on the hype train haha. No don't worry we will keep it real for now. Building this one for garageHEART and a nod to my friends creation thus far.

Build
When it the Sunny arrived it had the front fitted but needed some filling and sanding. It also needed the engine bay to be made and hood/bonnet to be smoothed and filled.

With The Fairlady out of the way we have some space to work on the Sunny truck. This one im very excited about. I have seen plenty Sunny builds online and they look great when done. I hope gH's comes out half as decent.

(above) This is its current sleeping place. It's time to wake it up. You can see it became a storage facility, oops

(Above) Moved the Prelude out of the way so that the Sunny can be taken out of that spot

(above) Sunny now on the hoist, climbed up to show you the work needed on the front of this truck

(above) Lots of sanding, smoothing and filling...then repeat.

(above I have started making the engine bay. Basic for now, will slowly add details.

(above) The Hakosuka front lines up very well...

Thanks in advance for viewing and commenting.

garageHEART- 1/24 auto workshop
The love for 1/24 scale Japanese cars...
r0b1n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0b1n For This Useful Post:
johanthemodeler (10-27-2017)