View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #12
HotRodCourier
AF Newbie

Re: vintage Mazda B-Series pickups from 1972-1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by airea2
My husband has a 1980 Courier that he has been trying to work on. It's a cute little truck, bright yellow, but it is hard to find information about them. I have looked all over EBSCO in both Ford and Mazda but can't find any information about it. Nor can I find any decent info on the web... so far this is the ONLY site I have found (and I've been looking for a while) that has fulfilled any of my questions.

Maybe someone here would know my main one... Like I said, it's an 1980... what I really need to know is what kind of motor it has in it. The lables under the hood are worn off and we can't find any markings besides some worn numbers that look like 8683 or 8883... something to that effect. Also, the metal plate with the motor information was lost/removed when a repair was made to the front right 1/4 panel after an accident. My husband needs to know what kind of motor it is so that he can find out the firing order for the distributor.

Any help would be appreciated. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong places or something on the web for info. My husband has worked on lots of cars and trucks before, but never one of these and he is stumped. Thanks in advance.

~Airea

There is a good site for courier enthusiasts www.fordcouriercollector.com
HotRodCourier is offline   Reply With Quote