View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 07:05 AM   #12
erikj
AF Newbie

Re: Re: '05 RAM 1500 Stalling and not starting no codes stored

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtorr
Skizer,
I bought a 05 ram 1500 2 weeks ago. It stalled on my wife twice and on me 5 times same thing . Low idle just above 500 rpm. Very erratic,would dip below 500 at a stop sign and shut down. I also had one incidence where I put it in reverse on a steep hill , nose down , it rolled forward . I put it in neutral and back into reverse, same thing, worked on third try. Scared the h... out of me.
Truck is at dealer now, second time. Same thing no code and map sensor ... changed. Don't think they have a clue. The guys at corporate know they have a problem as the service manager told me that he got in touch with an engineer that is working the problem. I really like this truck but I'm leaning toward getting out of the deal. I think that this is gonna be a huge problem and that it is potentially a very dangerous situation.
I wonder if Dodge released this model knowing the problem existed.
richardtorr, I know how you feel. If my problems had happened that close to time of purchase, I would definitely had gotten out of the deal. I believe they do know they have problems - nearly identical to those of previous years. For the money you pay for these vehicles, you just shouldn't have to be going through it, and searching for info on these forums.

My 04 1500 5.7 HEMI just got back from the shop yesterday after they think they solved the stalling issue. They found water in the ABS controller, which is where the throttle circuit is as well, and they installed a jumper harness that Dodge is now requiring.

Didn't stall on the way home, but I will wait for a while before claiming victory.
erikj is offline   Reply With Quote