View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #9
2.2 Straight six
That thing got a Hemi?

Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six
Re: dont know anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean0044
My brother is 17 and almost 18 and is pathetic. Me and my freind quizzed him on cars and we pointed to the belt and we asked him " what is that thing thats moving?" he said oil. He didnt know how to pop the hood/find the latch to open it. and when I asked him where is the battery? He didnt point to the box with energizer printted on it but he pointed to the air filter. I'm just sayin people shouldn't be driving if they dont know the basics of cars. Its just redicoulous.
how's it ridiculous? if he's not interested in cars, then there's not really any reason for him to know about them. i'm not interesting in knitting, so i don't know anything about that.

he could've just been screwing with you because he didn't care. you ask what something is and he sends you round in circles giving wrong answers because he just doesn't care.

the requirements for driving are that you are a competent and safe driver. that's it. you don't need to know any more than that. most modern cars dictate that most people have little technical knowledge of them. they're getting so reliable that we don't have to do any maintenance ourselves.

if everyone knew lots about their cars there wouldn't be jobs for people like me. don't forget, the more people know, the more they can do themselves. and that means less jobs for auto techs and mechanics.

so i'm quite happy that he doesn't know anything about cars.