View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 06:25 PM   #38
gasman03
AF Enthusiast

Fujimi 2003 (2004 US) Subaru WRX STi

The car the US has been waiting years for finally arrives in the U.S. in 2004, The Impreza WRX STi, a 300 horsepower AWD beast which was designed and proven on the rough roads of the WRC, winning the 2003 WRC Championship.

first, this kit is pricey, I paid 42.50 for the sucker, but, I think its worth it, even though there are some noticable mistakes in the kit

Body
not bad, but the rear decklid is wrong, The kits is flat, and it should be shaped a little bit, but, when the kit is built up, you won't be able to notice this that much since the car has a big functional rear wing, but it would be needed to be fixed if you wanted to do a Impreza 2.5 RS, or a plain WRX

Interior
also. not great, but i've seen alot worse. there is no panel detail, but there also is'nt in some older Tamiya kits. The dash looks very good, but for some reason Fujimi put two dashes in the kit, which is nice since I'm gonna make a Left side dash for it. the kit also includes two gear shifters, on for an automatic, and another for a 6sp, but the details are sorta soft on them. the seats are correct. but don't have any detail in them. but some masking they can be fixed

chassis
not bad, seperate suspension detail, seperate exhaust, very good detail

Wheels,
no where near accurate for the WRX, but are close to the plain WRX or 2.5 RS rims, for accurate rims you would need to raid the Tamiya WRX kit

I give this kit a 6.5/10, since there are some noticable mistakes in the kit. but, any builder could make a convincing WRX STi outa it. plus, its the only current body style WRX kit out there
gasman03 is offline   Reply With Quote