View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

Ford GT40 -chassis 1083 - JW car, Gulf flared 1/24

As from my name, I really love the mighty Ford gt40.
The origin of the nickname I use since may years is coming from my wonderful expereince with the gt40 enthusiast club uk, coming from early 2000s when I joined the amazing nice forum gt40s.com

In this british club many owners have wonderful replica cars, and for me was incredible to see how nice where those cars for real. Amazing to see theme on the road with ordinary vehicles and even more the trip we made together at 2006 le mans classic event.

So of course I would love to have a proper gt40 in my collection,and I try to buy all the models I found around.
Of course I also end up with all fujimi models , but here for me come the biggest disappointment. Probably neither my skill at the time was good to finish this car as it deserves, but something really in fujimi model was strange.

Recently I discover the so many differences between the dynasty of this racer, and I end up understanding what I love, and what is my favourite model.

The latest gulf flared cars from 1968 and 1969, raced by JW, with the modified body of the mk1 cars.
It is always nice refer to original chassis, despite the 90% of the amazing replicars around copy the style of this last car, much wider than original ford racing mk.1

As paulo souza just explained me, fujimi started with mk2 models, with some body mistakes too in the front clip, and then modified the existing mould to mk1, cutting the rear hatch and providing a different lower mk1 tail.
If anybody of you build the fujimi kits you probably already get my point. That shape is a gt40, but not THAT gt40...

here fujimi (check front end..)

and here THAT 1969 real car

I started scrap my previous models....

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote