View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 07:06 AM   #9
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Re: Marker light will not shut off!! Help! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandwor View Post
I purchased one for my 2006 a few years ago and it had wiring diagrams. That's the only I found my wiring problem. This has to be downloaded so you need a decent web service.
Kia used to provide a manual on line. I think it was downloaded from this service. Some UK Kia's are Diesel I would ask if it covers gas engines. Mine also is hard to use but contains needed information.
I have a 2006 Kia Sorento.
INdeed I had a 2000 Sportage and for some time the manual was available to be seen online free from KIA and I did copy the pages I needed but 2 years ago they decided to stop free access and ask for a fee....like 14$ for a day up to 1800$ annually ...like they wanted only those who could make money from it to be willing to buy the service.
SO I have downloaded the manual from the site you suggested. What I see more than anythig is EVERYTHING goes through a computer , wipers, flashers, etc.....leaving very little room for innovation and shortcuts, that I was used to with hard wiring of yesteryears...
My main concern (at this time) is I wanted to be able to disable ABS in certain cases, which is totally inefficient in snow conditions , as experimented by a lot in snow countries. Was easy before, but with all of that going through irritable computer , not sure if it would generate a condition that would have to be cleared by the KIA dealer...something I would not want....anyway, still learning with my new car...not bad so far!