View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 04:51 AM   #10
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mikegee
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: There really is no point to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcatkin
Well your right, it does get better gas milage, and it is cheaper to buy.
It is not more dependable, proof is all I ask.

you can fool some of the people some of the time, but can you fool all of the people all of the time.

1) let me ask, is cheaper always better.
2) would you rather see your mom driving a little beer can, or a <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> like a Cadillac with a little substance. Does it make you feel better to know the mom has a sixteenth of sheet metal between her and the road, or a big frame and a lot more metal.
3) Is cheaper really better.
4)I'll give you the gas milage.
5)The Grand Prix will out last you Toyota.
6) I have owned a Toyota.
7)If cheaper is always better, sould they always use the cheapest parts possible to build their cars.
8) Other then manufacturing cost being cheaper in Japan, how do you think they get these thing built for so much less.
9) After being in the body shop business I do know this, the japanese use sub standard metal in comparisan to us.
10) It just makes good sence to keep the money in our country.

1. sheetmetal is never what it is protecting you. even in the older days when steel is what the body was that was completely smash in an accident over 40. a 1/16 of an inch sheet metal why not when there is a steel beam running through the door. (not refering to a corolla refering to my grad am.) i've also been around toyotas and they have lasted til round 180,000 miles and the let go was not cost of repair. just wanted a newer car.
2. they are using the cheaper parts possible to build a car. have you seen the inter. of a 2002 sunfire.
3. keep the money in our country, im not exactly sure who builds the grand prix but my grand am is build in mexico!!