Thread: Oil filter
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Blue)(Fusion
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Blue)(Fusion Send a message via Yahoo to Blue)(Fusion
Oil filter

Hi there,

I just changed the oil on my mom's '09 Mariner 3.0L V6. I went to the local parts store looking for the FL-500S filter but they had none. Their computer said an FL-820S is an alternative filter. I had a box of these sitting at home for use in my 4.6L mod motors so I used one.

Upon looking at old FL-500S I took off and the FL-820S, the o-ring size and the thread seemed to be identical. It appeared that the only difference is the FL-820S is wider. It it close to the catalytic converter heat shield but there is some room between them for road movement.

Is it okay to leave the FL-820S filter on or should I go to the dealer to get an FL-500S as no one else seems to carry them? I started it up to ensure a tight seal of the o-ring and it seems to be okay.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
- 119k / 14.89s @ 92.11MPH [ pictures | videos ]
> Dual Flowmaster Delta 40s / J-Mod / PI Intake Manifold & Cams / Marauder Air Box & 80mm MAF / 3.55 Trac-Lok
> Bumper Tuck / Steeda UD Pulleys / CVPI Zip Tube / Ported & Polished Plenum / BBK 70mm TB
> BOC 93 Octane Tune / Headlight Relay Upgrade / 17mm rear stabilizer bar / Heinous Aluminum Billet Rear Control Arms
> CVPI aluminum driveshaft

Blue)(Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote