View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 04:00 AM   #1
T-Ball
AF Newbie

Need help! Range Rover alarm has locked engine

I have recently moved overseas. When my 2000 Range Rover arrived I drove it a few days with no problems. Suddenly the electronics started doing funny things: intermittently stuttering (radio, a/c, etc), the gas tank door would pop open, etc. I parked the car and when I returned to the car the car alarm sounded after opening the the unlocked driver side door. I attempted to start and the alarm by-passed the ignition system and would not allow me to start the car. I used the factory provided reset sequence in the door (using the key, turning left and right a set number of times). This worked and the vehicle started. I left the vehicle alone, satisfied the problem was fixed. Three hours later I returned to the vehicle and experienced the same thing as before. I again attempted the key reset sequence in the door to no avail. I continued to try several times with different sequences. Finally, the door mechanism simply stopped working. Now the vehicle is locked and I am unable to even enter the vehicle.

Thoughts, recommendations...
T-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote