View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #1
nick4757
AF Newbie

1968 Cadillac Deville - First Classic Car

Hello,

I am 23 years old and have always had the dream of buying a classic car. Now that I am graduated from college and have some money I think I am about ready to take the leap but wanted some experienced owners advice on whether it is a good time for me considering my situation.

I live in Indiana and make about $35,000 a year with little expenses. I have been really interested in 1968 Cadillac DeVilles. My main concern is that my car would be pretty much an every day driver and I’m not sure that is a good idea for these cars. I have another car that I will have for any time that I have long distances to drive or when there is severe weather. I have a garage that I share with a roommate so it will have a garage to be in but only every other day and a garage at my parents home to keep it in during the winter. Additionally I have NO car knowledge but have a family friend that would be doing all of my maintenance so the only thing I worry about there is finding parts but I feel that that can be an issue no matter how experiences you are at times.

To sum it up, I guess I am just worried about hidden expenses and maintenance that may get me in over my head for where I am in life right now. I have such a respect for these vehicles that I wouldn’t want to get one if it’s not the right time. I am more than willing to put in the time and care for these vehicles, but I don't want to force it if the time is not right.

Thanks so much! Any thoughts are appreciated.
nick4757 is offline   Reply With Quote