View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
pjw73nh
AF Regular

Re: 2000 venture suspension noises/woes

Merc81, Tnx for the clarification. I sort of figured as much when I received the replies.

BTW, thanks to all that replied...

I have ordered the sway bar kit, and a pair of rear shocks. I figure at 120k miles, the rears are probably due. I'm saving the fronts for better weather. It's 25 deg F up here now, and I have 12 inches of new snow. Lousy weather for car repair..

Any advice on the repairs?

The rear shocks look pretty straightforward. Spray with penetrating oil for a few days prior to the repair, remove the lower bolts first then the uppers. Anything I missed?

For the sway bar, being broken, there is no load to speak of on the right side. But what about the left? I am guessing that both front wheels have to be off the ground (unloaded) in order to replace the bar? I saw in another post, that the curve in the bar goes UP. Are there any other parts that have to be removed to maneuver the bar into place or does it easily go in from the side/bottom? Does it matter where I start fastening the bar? IE is it better to start at the center (bushings) and then go out to the links?

Any advice on either of these repairs much appreciated.

Thanks
pjw73nh is offline   Reply With Quote