View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 04:18 PM   #7
tomj76
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lights flickering at idle.

Wiswind:

Good points. I went through checks of the battery post connections (and battery ground connections), because that was the place I first suspected. Good connections are important in those locations.

After 22 years driving in all the weather conditions that you'd encounter in places a diverse as Florida and the Great Lakes region with everywhere in between, I suppose it wasn't a complete surprise that a connector that has never been disconnected would have a few hundred milliohms of added resistance. In a similar way, I may have resolved an issue intermittent communication from the DLC connector to the ABS module.

After this very long period of service it seems logical that a few odd things will be popping up. I've recently seen that the rear ABS wheel sensors "pickup tab" has worn down to numbs from road and brake dust impacting the iron tab. The sensors don't provide a large enough signal at low speed to be recorded by the ABS module, leading to unnecessary ABS action.

On a side note, I used to have a kit to make solders by taking lead bars, melting them, and pouring the molten lead into molds. I even "enjoyed" a nasty burn one time when I dripped a bit of lead on the back of my hand. I'll bet the toy stores don't carry that one anymore, even if you could find a toy store still operating.
tomj76 is offline   Reply With Quote