View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 10:34 PM   #75
buickmastermind
AF Regular

Re: Gas mileage question.

The motor was neither. the fuel was simply injected in the air breather, and that was the only one injector (the holes in the manifold were capped off), that were firing about once per 5 seconds. There were no other fuel lines, just a line for the water injector that had a resivoir and a tank in in the trunk. It would fire about once per second. The water was straight tap water. I really doubt that a current racing engine can achieve over 20 mpg, unless it were on this system. But, they use a higher octane rating, so I'm not positive this system will properly work without major adjustments.

Although I'm sure it will work on a turbo or SC system, because they don't use racing fuel, the motor I saw wasn't utilizing that. Why use boosters when you can take a 455 ci motor and get way more power and torque? Unless, of course, you can't fit one in your car. If I had the time and recources, time specifically, I would do it to my car. But...Kettering University has a fast paced 3 month in, 3 month out schedule. I need to have fun in my free time.

This is my take on the political things. I have a brother overseas in Iraq, and the "morale" is low isn't true for the majority of the troops. Just those given few who wanted to be on the news for something. And the economy isn't bad because of Bush. It was souring about a year before Clinton was out of the office. The economy is independant of the president. Usually, wars do bring deficates, but that is a given for any war. The economy will raise to it's original level shortly, though. If you knew what partial birth abortion was, and exactly what it entailed, you would be against all abortion, period.

Fully ported & polished, shift kit, CAI, F41 polyurethane suspension, headers & 3" exhuast,