View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #15
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: replacing brakeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by norteno View Post
well I did cut the lines at the nuts at both ends and used six point socket or wrench to loosen nuts. They came out easier than I anticipated but then they had been soaking in PB blaster for a month. Then I felt my way along the brake line on top of frame rail and felt the plastic clips and pried the brake line out with a flat scewdriver. There were four clips. Once the brakeline was loose, I pulled it out from the rear wheel well twisting and turning until it came right out. It was one piece ten feet long. I did not have to drop fuel tank thankfully. I plan to use 2 pieces of the AGS poly armour bendable pre flared lines with one union placed somewhere in between where it would be easy to get to, probably in rear wheel well area where there is enough open space to get wrenches in. Thanks for listening and thanks for all the advice, I used a lot of you guys knowledge and it got my old brain turning too! Does anyone have any experience with the AGS poly armour lines? Can they really be bent by hand without kinking?
allowing the penitrating oil to take hold after a few weeks is the way to go if you can wait. less damage .

two piece is what I did for this one . on the type lines you used I never used them , but using a tubing bender is a good idea especially on the abs pump bend area.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote