View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 11:12 PM   #45
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott 02
No the reason these are being sold for so much is because Acura can. And like I have said once. The body of this automobile makes a huge chunk of the price. Thats fact.
Regardless of materials and labor needed to produce a car, if no one is willing to pay $88,000 for it, then none will be sold for $88,000, and none will be sold at all until the price is lower than $88,000. That's economics.

Yet, Honda is able to sell them for $88,000. (Granted, not very quickly. But they don't make them very quickly, either.) Therefore, the car must be worth $88,000 to someone.

I don't believe anyone spending $88,000 on an NSX doesn't realize that there are other cars available for other prices that offer other levels of performance, style, safety, reliability, etc. In fact, I'm sure most NSX buyers are well aware. And then they buy an NSX anyway, so there must be something there. Whether it's something tangible, or something I could explain, or something one person gets out of the car that another doesn't... There's something that makes people choose the NSX over it's competition.

There's a very important difference between the statements "The NSX is not worth $88,000." and "The NSX is not worth $88,000 to me."