View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #22
DominiqueBeerts
AF Regular

Re: Citroen 15-Six "Traction Avant" - 1952 - Heller - 1/8

You guys are very kind, I am just trying to build a nice looking model. Being in scale 1/8 it gives all oppurtunity to detail and highlight some aspects of the car. That's all.

Today I built in the waterpump. The "flexible" waterhose did not really convince. It is made out of rubber, but not a good quality of it. I didn't succeed in cleaning the parts decently (2 halves glued together), and the moulded-in clamps were not exactly nice looking either.
So I decided to replace the whole thing. I cut a piece of copper tube to size and fixed 2 AcuStion PE clamps.

When built in and connected between waterpump and engine block, it looks like this:

When looking at the pictures, the "enormous" seam is standing out. This will need to be addressed. It is not as dramatic in real life, as on this macro-photo, but still.
I am also thinking on replacing the belts, as they are too thick, too stiff and tend to break. So I think they will be discarded andr replaced by something more suitable. If I can find something, that is ...

Feel free to browse through my photo albums
DominiqueBeerts is offline   Reply With Quote