View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
ForeverDrivin
AF Newbie

1998 Mustang V6 Loses power randomly and sometimes stalls. Fuel related?

So my used 1998 V6 Mustang has a problem. It runs on normal roads just fine, but recently it started acting up on the highway. Me and my father were driving normally on the highway and it suddenly lost all it's power and started slowly decelerating. The power was just gone. It did this three times on the highway, first two times having to come to a complete stop and on the third time we luckily managed to pull off into a parking lot. We decided to take a back road but it started crapping out then too. And the fifth time (second time dying on the 40 mph back way) it wouldn't start. Tow it home, and it starts no problem. We take it up and down a short road and it starts to barely sputter and loses power for a couple seconds, almost stalling multiple times, but keeps running. Today I replaced the fuel filter. Didn't get to test on a fast road but did feel it still lose power for a couple seconds when driving or revving in between gears, and still stalled once. Also smells of fuel a little
ForeverDrivin is offline   Reply With Quote