Thread: Project 1-64
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
Nissanmotorsport
AF Regular

Project 1-64

A little while back our daughter and son-in-law had their godmother and I let him play cars with the box. These have ever been mine and our children.
In between, a Hotwheels caught my attention when cleaning up a tuned American van.
I decided to disassemble that thing, throw it in the brake fluid and see if I could make something out of it.
After a few days of brake oil and with an aluminum scourer, all paint was gone.
A little after scouring, some blackberries here and there, he was ready to be degreased and primed.
Wondering how that went with a spray can.

The spraying was better than first thought, yes

While the primer was drying, the other parts were examined.
The chassis, let's see what we are going to do with the original wheels. Red rims under an orange body, I do not know.

The window section is also red, but this was nicely smoothed in the front and the back and provided with a piece of dark window foil.

The interior was given a layer of satin black, also with the spray can.
Here we will paint some details later.

After a day of drying, it was time for a tan.
There it went wrong, after a first layer I discovered a place that was not well covered. So after a few drying times, a second layer was set up.
And that was not good, so the whole trade back in the brake fluid and we started again.
After a layer of primer, there was a layer of color. It had to be good in one go and that was it this time.

To be continued

Last edited by Nissanmotorsport; 01-08-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Nissanmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote