View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
batvette
AF Newbie

Re: REM to Fuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I use relays on my auto turn on circuit too, for just this reason
Pretty extensive system you have there, I assume you are in some state resembling "finished" since the last cardomain photos?
Have you had any problems with:

All that amplification overtaxing the Honda's alternator output?

The Midbass floor pods phasing with the kickpod mids? Seems to me they'd have to be crossed over real low and/or detuned to avoid condflict with the mids it almost negates the benefit.

(not being critical, just thinking as I almost went a similar route in my Corvette some years ago, was going to put those slim Illusion Audio Neo 8''s or even 10's in the front floor, which is nearly the firewall. Front stage:

I wasn't getting the output of the 6.5's to keep up with the rest of the system and it needed it as horns, particularly that close, are LOUD. Every option I considered left me with the probablilty I 'd never be able to conquer a phasing conflict in the lowest vocal ranges. Had I gone that route from the beginning and found a way to mount the horns further away (Consulting with Eric Holdaway and USD audio found he had some luck in C4 Corvettes mounting horns firing up at the windshield, a workable alternative but I believe it would always have to be tuned on the verge of "squawking" as horns are prone to do) I could have made the tens work.

(the Vette still sits in my driveway, daily driving a Honda Passport with a solid "KISS" system- one a/d/s P840 wired 4x120 into a pair of 15's in 4+ cubes sealed and 6.5" soundstream exact components in custom 'glassed kicks) Passport/Rodeos have a 60 amp alternator, I've had my fill of $500-1000 custom wound alts.)
batvette is offline   Reply With Quote