Thread: Nfs: Carbon
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
pimp349
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to pimp349
Nfs: Carbon

I played NFS:C at the Digital Life Convention at the JJC in NYC (along with Resistance: Fall of Man and some basketball game, for PS3!). Sad to say its more like NFS:U 1 & 2 rather than NFS games like NFS:HP2. They tried to integrate some of the elements of NFS:U into NFS:MW, actually its almost the same thing as NFS:MW, but you race at night, the cars drift even when you don't want them to, and you get to tune the car's performance, not just looks. While there are many interesting cars ( I loved the Audi R8) the wheels looked like they were off an episode of "Pimp My Ride." They had a Gallardo with 22's I think, or something close to that size. Despite many new features, the feeling is not very realistic, the cars were very hard to control. And when the guy kept telling me I "should be drifiting around corners rather than hitting the apex," I realized I probably would not be buying another NFS game ever again, put down the controller and went to the Halo tournaments. Its sad to see EA taking NFS in that direction, but I guess it gives other games a chance to shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurg
Realizing that the kids who entered Elementary School in 2006 were never alive in the 20th century.

Last edited by pimp349; 10-16-2006 at 05:47 PM.
pimp349 is offline   Reply With Quote