AF Newbie

Re: 1/8 DeLorean Time Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by firun View Post
Looks good so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360spider View Post
1/8 seems HUGE!
It is huge! And heavy - should weigh around 25 lbs when complete!

Decided that the engine looked a little too new and clean so I broke out some oil paints I have and added some weathering

The weathering looks a bit stronger in the photos - in real life its a bit more muted. You can see a bit of the original color of the metal on the mounts near the bottom.

Front of the engine with the value covers and intake parts installed. Looking more realistic as it's built.

I also applied a thin dull coat of paint on the value covers to make them look like a different type of metal.

Also gave a coat of color to a few small parts. Anyone who's seen an engine up close knows all the individual components are different colors. A good example of how a little bit of paint can make this kit really start to shine. The hose on the engine parts is actually a rubber tube!

Then I got some Tamiya weathering chalks and added a bit more weathering on the engine and some on the frame.

Only weathered the frame areas that will be visible on the completed model.

Definitely helps the suspension areas stand out better. Looks like a little weathering helps this kit really shine!

Last edited by brokenbolt; 02-14-2019 at 04:17 PM.
brokenbolt is offline   Reply With Quote