View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 04:25 PM   #8
hondajoe88
AF Newbie

Re: 2017 Hyundai Sonata SE low-beam on driver's side not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondajoe88 View Post
Hi, neither bulb(s), nor connector are corroded.

I'm using 9005 bulb now which seems similar to the one I took out, also a Sylvania.

I don't yet have a procedure to get the lense out. I might replace the connector but frankly, I always have to push a lot on the wires and connector to get it to go on but none of that stuff looks wrong which still makes me think it's a wire. But it COULD just be the connector and Autozone doesn't sell a connector for the 9005 bulb. I might have to try other bulbs. Tomorrow I'll check the right side. The stuff is all cheaply made
To make a long story short: the problem was in the main 8-wire cable that feeds the let-front headlight systems their power.

A rodent which I actually saw crawl out from under the car one day at work, had gnawed just enough on the cable of 8 to pierce the insulation and eventually the wire was not making good enough contact except when it was wiggled and by chance, conntected.

So headlight problem is fixed - one new wire put in as the connector comes apart and allows for splicing in a new wire.

Headlights seem fine now.

Not the first time I've had rodents gnaw through the wires in my car - even lost my fuel-pump ground G302 on a Honda once.
hondajoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote