View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 07:26 AM   #62
dylanborns
AF Regular

Re: Oil pressure light was blinking at idle; now constant

Quote:
Mine it was the pickup screen in the oil pan was 90% clogged. Dropping the pan with the exhaust manifold to exhaust nuts corroded away was a pain, but putting it back with a nice seal that no longer leaked and no more oil light till the pump gave way at 180,000 was nice.
This maybe something I will try to tackle in the near future. I haven't dropped the pan to check the screen.

Quote:
I would be very curious to learn how is the original poster dylanborns's car running at this time, even if a cure has not been found.
I went through three different oil pressure sensors and all did the same thing, so I don't think its just a bad sensor. I'm at 144,000 miles so I'm wondering if the bearings are wearing on the motor. I ended up just going with a thicker oil, which my mechanic said was okay to do anyway. He said he uses the thinner oil in the winter, and switches over to thicker in the summer on all his cars no matter what the manufacturer recommends.
Since I've been running the thicker oil, I haven't had any oil pressure issues. If this is happening on your '08, I would investigate it alot further since its such a newer car compared to mine.
dylanborns is offline   Reply With Quote