View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

Re: IVECO Turbostar refurbish

what I observed from pictures is to mantain the typical specific appeal of the turbostar, you always need to mantain all its details. nearly all had upper windshield sun protection spoiler, as well as the many many little details only he had. Will try to keep as close as possible to original
The same for its decals. I got some red ones, dunno the origin, it is surely an italeri decal but forces me to work with a color cabin quite clear, and not darker as I would prefer..
Will go for an ugly silver color...so base must be a dark grey, and will also modify the exhaust to make something aggressive as on american trucks. All love that 2 big tubes coming up in the sky...

heat protections drilled hole by hole....long work

then i recreated all the cable system to regulate the side wings

so then it is time already for silver paint and new decals in position. refer to original picture is very very important in this passage. Overall look start to convince me, specially on that lower bumper so mistaken before

then will be the time to focus on interiors details. In this newer edition of this model i will keep the driver door closed. what will be seen will be frpm big trasparent parts and from open side windows...
Italeri made also here quite a mistake. In their intentions there is a little correction part to update previous 190 seats into the more modern and comfortable turbostar serie (there is up to 30 yrs of difference between them..) but they are anyway too low. so I check in my spare box and found two seats from an old fujimi bmw, looking similar to this turbostar ones.

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote