View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
terbennett
AF Newbie

Re: All 2001 CRV Owners that have had stalling, rough idle, cold start problems!!!!

Hello,
If your CRV has lost compression in two of the cylinders, contact Honda immediately about it. More than likely, it's your valves have burnt out. I was just at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and the parts guy told me that there was a TSB from Honda on it. My advice: Get Honda to fix the issue. If they refuse, complain until they do. Customer service is not one of Honda's strengths. They make great cars but uysually they want to believe that it's the owner's fault and not theirs. How many miles do you have? If you have under 105,000 miles, check your Owner's Manual. It recommends the first valve adjustment at 105,000 miles. The problem is Honda should have stated every 30,000 miles on the CRV in the manual. If you call the dealer, the service guy will tell you every 30,000 miles, but the Owner's Manual says every 105,000....... A disaster waiting tio happen!!! That is why there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on the 1999- 2001 models. Because of the higher compression of the B20Z engine over ther 97-98's B20B engine, the later models are more prone to failure. You definitely have a case against them if they refuse. I think that there is a lawyer online planning to file a class action suit against Honda over the matter. You shouldn't be having this problem if you have under 105,00 miles and you've been maintainig the vehicle according to the Owner's Manual. If you mention the problem to the service guy at your local dealer, he will know what you are talking about. His first thought will be the valves.... Even if he doesn't tell you. That's how common it is. That's not to say the CRV isn't a good vehicle. It still is. In all, not that many CRVs have the problem, but number is still more than there should be. I hope this helps.
terbennett is offline   Reply With Quote