View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #26
white97ex
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to white97ex Send a message via Yahoo to white97ex
Re: Denny Hamlin's #11 FED EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubeck View Post
You’re always going to have those niggling issues I think. There is always a mix between perfection and getting on with it I have with my kits, I simply don’t have the patience to spend a year on a single kit for example I’ve been building models for twenty years and still don’t feel comfortable making WIP threads. We have some true masters here as well. I’m really impressed with all the fabrication and new parts you’re adding too! I think if you did a dual build with the stock kit people would be able to see how much extra you’re adding too.
I've had a few people, that I've showed it to in person, not really understand what all has gone into it. I have pulled out my Silver Select build, which was box stock, to show them, pretty much, what came in the box. There will always be flaws, I get in a hurry, note the scratches on the back of the electronics tray. I sanded it out with a rough sanding stick to knock it down, and didn't follow up with a fine paper to clean it out. I was in a hurry to get it in paint and keep moving. Maybe due in part to the time constraints I've been on, but a good part of that is the instant gratification. I've been trying to think ahead to next year, decide what I'm going to build and get started on that as soon as this is over, that way I can take my time. If I need to re-build something, I have the time to do it. Reaching for that "perfection". I keep telling myself that this thing should win it's class as well as a major show award at the Showdown, then I look at this flaw, or that flaw, and think, nope, I'm going to come out disappointed.

I'd rather be hated for Who I Am than be loved for Who I Am Not
white97ex is offline   Reply With Quote