View Single Post
Old 05-25-2003, 10:38 PM   #3
Donham
AF Newbie

I just wanna know what you're doing to your Plymouth to make it fast. As you stated at 4200lbs you'll need some big cubes to move that two-ton-tilly.

4200 lbs, isn't too bad, it will be 4100 lbs when I get the alu heads/intake, take off air cond compresser..
Besides Dodge Chargers are all around 4000 lbs with big blocks.. 71-73's are 4100-4300 lbs..

1970 Buick GS Stage1 Skylarks are 4000 lbs, people have run 11's with them through exhaust manifolds in stock apearing type class drags...

I know 4100 lbs is heavy, and also I'm running (for now) 3.21 gears...
plan to run mid 12's without a bottle,
Engine a simple iron block 440, with a 4.15 stoke crank 493 cube, small/med cam, 11.0:1 quench compression.. Eddy heads intake... other goods..

people talk crap when they think they have a sleeper..
Big cars are the true sleepers, no one expects them to be fast...

The Reason I'm looking for imports is because easier picking for my heavy weight car... not to put them down I know those small engines can put out power with a ton of boost...
Also want to find 5.0's and Z28's too...
I have raced this car on the streets alot... with a 7.0:1 compression 440 motor rebuilt.... with good results...
Ran 14.10's 97 mph, small cam, mild ported heads, stock intake/carb (ran lean), small 2" dual exhaust, stock converter,..

a true 10.0:1 compression would probably get me low/mid 13's

Going to run forged pistons in case I plan to run NOS someday....

The car is really just a driver to be honnest, I plan to keep the idle fairly smooth, and run quad quiet exhaust mufs..

I like the sleepers, it's humiating to get outran by ocean liners...
427/454 Impalas/bysicans, 460 Lincons, 500 Caddys, 455 Olds 98's
Chevy or Dodge Truck with big blocks..
no one expects them to fly...

a Toyota Celica could have a supra package, a Dadge Dart that looks like Grannys car could have a 340 lurking under the hood, the Bland Nova might a 450 hp 383 small block (350 with 400 crank as you know)...
No one cars about the bog can, "TOO HEAVY, doesn't matter what it has!" poeple think, and also a -challenge- to make quick

Been though the muscle car street race days, lots of fun back in the 70's riding with my uncles and friends to my own in the early 80's through early 90's racing...
Back when we had clean fun....

Now a days it has mainly died out, it's who has the boomenist strerio playing "kill the white man" rap crap... selling crack..

now Ido not want to sounds like I pick on blacks... matter of facts..
Even a few black dudes who we raced with are still rednecks and drive the drags to this day.. one has a 68 road Runnder with a 800 hp Hemi... over at his hosue he lights up the slicks right in front of his house like the good ol days...

Not to sound old fashion, times change, , and I know there is some fun action out there, want to live some more before I turn too old... and every stopsign has a state police trafic camera

got to go, too long all ready.

scott