View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af
What do you think about street racing?

I feel like this is always a touchy subject to talk about. More often than not, you get individuals who are either for it or against it, with a small percentage of people who are in the middle.

Myself? I'm more in the middle on it. On one hand, it's empowering to individuals who have a small group of friends and hangouts where they can get together, check out each others' cars and go head to head for bragging rights. There's also the thrill of doing something you're not supposed to do (since, you know, it's illegal). After all, who doesn't enjoy that rush you get from breaking the rules in the name of fun?

On the other hand, however, we've seen time and time again the results of what happens when street races go bad. People can die - even people who weren't taking part in the action - or be seriously injured for the sake of seeing who has the faster car.

While I've never been in a situation that I've gotten to a track to race against friends, I know that is a viable alternative for some people.

I suppose if I had to choose one, I'd probably go in favor of street racing, so long as it's done away from high-traffic areas. Lord knows I've been involved in my fair share of street racing adventures (like with -Josh- doing 130 down the highway in a classic Z28 camaro? Yeah, that was fun).

What do you guys think?

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
jon@af is offline   Reply With Quote