View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #6
jedinyte04
AF Newbie

Re: 98 Blazer heater core replacment (I just did it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathondw
Ok, so the first thing to do is remove the one heater core box bolt that is under the dash on the passanger side behind the carpet and cut the two black taps with a dremmal on eithe sided of that bolt. Next remove all the undash plastic, glove box, front dash cover and insterment cluster. Next on the driversside there are two 90deg angel brackets under the stearing colum remove them (4 screws) also there are two screws on the lower part of the dash one one each side near the floor next to the door that need to be removed. After that you need to remove the speaker covers and the defrost vent cover to access the screws that will lossen the dash I think there are 6 screws. Once they are removed the dash will roll back. You need to disconnect all the wire harneses that are connecting the dash to the fire wall so the dash can be pulled out farther. (I found that tilting the dash just did not work there was not enough room to work.)

Ok time to remove the heater core in the engine compartment there are two bolts and one nut. The nut is right next to the hoses that go to the heater core. One bolt is just to the left of the distributor below the heater core supply hoses. the other bolt is the hardest bolt to get to it is in the A/C evaporatior box where it says cut here for service so get in there and lossen that bolt and the heater box comes right out on top of the hater box there are two screws that are holding a cover over the hater core remove them and that is the core. To reassemble just do it all again backwards.

The total project time for me was 5 hours. It would have gone alot faster if I had some swivel sockets and longer extensions. I hope this helps you. WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SPLIT THE HEATER BOX THERE ARE SCREWS GOING ALL AROUND THE BOX AND YOU WILL MORE THAN LIKLEY BREAK THE BOX AND AHVE TO REPLACE IT. THERE ARE PEOPLE SAYING TO SPLIT THE BOX ON SOME POSTS BUT THAT DOSENOT WORK ON A 1998 BLAZER.

GOOD LUCK I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU I DID 4 DAYS WORK OF RESEARCH TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THIS REPLACMENT.
Is this the same as a 99 s 10
jedinyte04 is offline   Reply With Quote