View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 12:16 AM   #170
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Linebckr49
thought i'd inform all of you about an update on my car... <chuckles to himself>

here she is...her good side! oh, but wait, it seems a little bit of her ass is exposed! whoops, she should cover up...

ya...where'd the ass go? do not worry, rear bumper is perfectly fine: it was ripped clean off by the tree <wink wink>. all i have to do is drill some new holes in the plastic to remount it.

ohhhhhhhhhh!!! there's the best part! that's where i caught the tree sliding now sideways/perpendicular to the road. the tree definitely slowed me to a stop once we hit it, did a 270, then came to a halt. quite a ride...lemme tell ya! don't think i'd wanna do it again though...unfortunate expensive lesson. And what lesson did i learn? ...that my rear suspension was TOO TIGHT. since i last ventured the curvy blind cornered park roads of Lake Buchanan outside Austin, TX a year ago, i have added beefier front and rear sway bars and a rear strut tower bar. i think the strut tower bar over did it--at least for this turn--as my rear end was soo stiff it slid out from the back; an ever-so-slow fish-tail.

and i can't let this little dent go unnoticed. this is what happens when you hit those dinky little metal reflectors from the side doin about 50mph. i saw the metal reflector afterwards...ya i definitely won!

but good news! this piece/panel is bolt-on! so no welding involved in the repair (which means i'll do it myself). However, for the unfortunate rear panel, its all welded in. so that's where the body shop comes in. ya, there goes all my future summer earnings. but she drives just fine except that the pummelled fender occasionally scrapes the tire on bumps.

so one final adieu to my damaged but still chugging batmobile...

don't worry, now i always park to try and show the right side, the good side of her.

so let's all give estimates as to how much you think it will cost to repair my ride...

(hey talskin, you wanna earn some money and weld for me?)
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
coming soon: adj. cam gears | bi-xenon HID retrofit
Linebckr49 is offline   Reply With Quote