View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
brainbrake
AF Newbie

Transmission will not come off

OK, I have this really really big problem, and I realize this is going to test your knowledge, but I will forgive you if you fail to help me. So here we go: I have a 1983 Chevrolet S-10 pickup with the 2.8l V6 and 5-speed transmission. I stopped at a stop light, see, and then there was this huge explosion, like a really big firecracker, or stick of dynamite going off, then I had trouble shifting, I drove about a mile and that is far as I could go, and had a tow truck pull me home. the garage said it would cost $700 dollars to fix it, putting in a new clutch. Don't have the money, so I have been working on the truck myself. I have taken everything off the truck that needs to come off, and I bought a 1/2 inch, 3- foot socket drive so I could get it passed the transmission and put a pipe on the end of my ratchet to break loose the bell housing nuts, and I took them out, but no matter what I do, I can not pull this transmission off. I have a transmission jack under the transmission. I have shaken it, put a chisel between the engine and bell housing and pounded it up, the bell housing has moved a 1/4 of an inch, but that is it. Any advice for a desperado?
brainbrake is offline   Reply With Quote