View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 12:10 PM   #6
my90horsy
AF Newbie

No noise from the fuel pump

Yeah you dont get a noise from the fuel pump unless you put twelve volts directily to it. I just got of the phone with a ford mechanic and he told me the last thing to check is to find the wire that goes from the relay to the ecm computer in your passenger kick panel and put a test light on it and then crank the car, He said the twelve volt tester should light up because the brain sends a pulse to the pump to kick the 12 volts on to prime it. He siad if I didnt get the test light to come on then I have a bad ecm computer. He also said that running 12 volts straight to the pump and then trying to start the car should have worked if my ecm is good so he pretty sure that my ecm was bad. I am going to go home for lunch in an hour or so and try it. If I cant get the 12 volt tester to light up on that wire from the relay to the brain when cranking the car I'm gonna call ford and order a new brain. I did however ask him about the TFI module on the distributer and he told me that my problem is with the brain or the relay but more than likely I have a brain that has gone bad. I'll give you an update after lunch. Do you have any other ideals??
my90horsy is offline   Reply With Quote