View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 12:00 PM   #7
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: 92 brew idles at 1100 rpm at normal operationg temp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnj
O.k. here is the latest. the idle problem it's not a problem anymore. Have no Idea what that was all about, but it is fine now. But now I notyiced that the temp gauge went up to between 220 and the overheat mark at idle. It has never done that before. and when that did happen, the car ran really bad. The coolant was not low. I don't need to add any.
Just curious, when your temperature went way up, did your engine shut down? I had to jump start my car with my battery pack a couple weeks ago,(kids left interior lights on for a couple of days) I let the car idle to recharge the battery while I did a few things around the car.After awhile, my friend who was helping me noticed the temp gauge had creeped all the way up to almost the hot side and the fan had not yet kicked on. All of the sudden the engine shut down. We waited awhile and restarted the engine with no problems evident. There was enough coolant and everything else looked fine. We were wondering if the reason the engine shut down was that it was some sort of "safety feature" GM had put into the car to prevent damage from overheating to the engine. We looked at the fans and cleaned the contacts at the switch and tested to see if the fans would kick on when the temperature went up and they did. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this before?

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote