Thread: Beadlock Wheels
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2002, 06:52 PM   #30
RticQl8
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Schludwiller
...BTW, have you considered that it's your tires that are causing problems? You said you ran "cheaper" Maxis Mudders (I can't even find that tire on the web ) The cheaper tires might have skimped on the side walls and are causing you problems.
I wish it where the tires, but no, it was my fault I was driving way to fast in deep sand with real low pressure. I popped both my front and back left beads. Not something I plan to do again, however doing so made me aware of the possibility and beadlocks would go a long way towards peace of mind (for me) As for body damage I know this sounds dumb but I don't care! Its a 4x4 I expect a couple dents and gouges given time and I will likely never fix them except to protect against rust. I'm not out looking for body damage though. I've seen some pretty nasty rips and dents, even when driving responsibly, but I intend to do my best to avoid such damages without the added protection of body armor. I just don't want the weight, my gas mileage is bad enough as it is and given the amount of driving I do in mud I don't want to deal with the hassle of cleaning them out. I have heard that they can collect enough mud to encapsulate your bottom end effectively insulating your engine and tranny causing overheating, however I too have never actually seen this happen. Maybe i'll spring for sliders though they do seem to be the most used of any body armor.