View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
sofpan
AF Newbie

Cool HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Dear readers and internet surfers. You probably visit this Thread because you are interested to buy a Hyundai car. It's important to read slowly the whole Thread to understand why Hyundai is Worthless and not worthing the money you give. You can also vote in the Poll that have in the top of the first page. The subscription is free, quick and easy. But if you have not time to read the whole Thread, I suggest you to read only the comments #1, #61 (in page 5) and #79 (in page 6). Comment's number is in the top and in the right of every comment.
--------------------------///////\\\\\\\--------------------------
I will tell you something from my experience. I own a HYUNDAI Accent from 1998 and have only 92.000 klms (that would be about 65.000 miles). I also -and always- drive "gently". I don't drive fast, I don't accelerate strong, I don't go above 90 klms (70 miles) per hour because I want to have fuel economy.
HYUNDAI cars generally may be cheap to buy, seems to have enough good technical specifications and they're good looking. But I believe its not worth because:
a) it has poor construction quality,
b) it appears often mechanical and electrical malfunctions,
c) the fuel consumption usually is bigger than this described by its book,
d) it has expensive genuine parts so an EXPENSIVE SERVICE and maintenance cost in the long term,
e) it burns lots of oils inside its engine (so, I have to carry always Oil with me). The cost to fix it is very big.
f) when I drive I hear sounds and “cracks” from the main body and the plastics of the car (what a quality?!?!?).
g) often, when I catch the door from the outside metal surface, there is static electricity that shocks me (its very unpleasant).

In the long term, I EXPERIENCED ALL THESE PROBLEMS. My opinion is absolutely NEGATIVE for HYUNDAI generally. When I will have to replace my car, I will not buy a HYUNDAI again (not only Accent, I mean any HYUNDAI). That's for sure! Don't make the same mistake I made. It's wasted money. The money that you earn by working hard.

The proof that I am objective is that I can tell you something that I like in my Accent: it has a strong Air Condition (stronger comparable to other brands cars) that is useful to hot Greek Summers and till now, it has only some tiny rusts, not something important (at least in the places that I can see).

If HYUNDAI had quality, it would have it in 1998 and today (as a principle). Often, the quality is better when someone has an older model, because every car industry by the pressure of lower cost, reduce the quality year by year. In the other hand, when a car factory is new in the game (as HYUNDAI was in 1998) makes better products because the Industry is not known (famous) and want to have costumers. As the years passing, they reduce the quality because they gain fans. Fans have no brain. They want tell you the truth: they are fans. So, do not take HYUNDAI.
Take any car, but first search the Internet for the owners opinions, reviews, problems etc.

And because some guys say that Hyundai may be had low quality at 1998 but nowadays make improvements and has good quality anymore, I will say to them that:
If HYUNDAI had done improvments in the quality of its cars at the last decade, then why the resale value of Hyundai cars is still very low? Anybody can say anything. I say that Hyundai cars are not worthing, someone else says they worth. How someone can know who is true? I will tell you. The resale value of the cars balances by demand and supply. Someone finds the resale value at the secondary cars market. The whole market is formulating by demand and supply. We have all the Hyundai's owners and all the possible buyers. If we consider that demand is stable, we have the unstable factor "supply". The resale value is very low. WHY? Because the total of the already Hyundai owners are not sutisfied with their Hyundais and so, they want to sell their "good" cars and accept the low value that the buyers of the secondary market give them. Otherwise we can not have a low resale market value. The whole market shout to us that "Hyundai are not good cars". That's why they don't have good resale value. If they were good cars (today, not in 1998), their owners would appreciated and they wan't like to sell them. If they wouldn't like to sell them, the supply of used Hyundais would be small and... magically... the Hyundais would have better resale value. And we are speaking for today, not 1998.

---> Look always for negative opinions. Because those that have negative opinions they have nothing to gain from that. I just tell you that Hyundai doesn't make good cars and I win nothing from that. If someone tells you a positive opinion, maybe, I just say may be, have something to gain. May be is working for Hyundai, may be he is trying to sell a Hyundai, may be wants to justify his choise of Hyundai and wants to feel nice... Conlusion: Negative opinions worth more from positives.

---> As for all these top positionigs and awards from some organizations to Hyuandais, that some guys tell us, I simply discredit them. How do I know that they are real tests and these organizations have nothing to gain, even if they are "non-profit"??? (advertisements, hidden payments, pay offs etc).

So, my opinion: Hyundai didn't have quality at the old days (1998) that noone knew that korean automaker. Now, Hyundai makes cheap cars, that seems good. But they are not. If they hadn't quality yesterday, they will have not tomorrow. It'a a matter of principle. Or you have or you have not... As I said before, today they have fans (= no brain) that willing to follow them (because Hyundais are cheap, seems good and they're good looking). And if you have today any car of any brand, new, it will be in a good condition for 5-6 years. What happens after that? That is the Question. I believe that Hyundai they weren't and they aren't good cars for someone that wants a car for 10-15 years, as a usefull tool and not for a "toy" and short term period of 4-5 years.
Finally even I have not drive a KIA, I believe that they are the same bad cars as Hyundais and the reason for that is that HYUNDAI and KIA are the same Group. So, and because Quality is a matter of principle, I'm sure that as Hyundai doesn't have, so and KIA. So be carefull!!! Away from them!

Last edited by sofpan; 09-16-2008 at 05:51 AM.