View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 01:00 AM   #13
nmc3722
AF Newbie

Re: Possible Hydrolock and Solution?

I would recommend the replacement of a few more parts. I had this happen to my own vehicle after lending it out to a friend (2002 Ford Focus SE 2.0L Zetec). one thing to do off the bat. Pull the plug! Oil plug that is, i had appx. 12L of fluid drain out of the engine opposed to the 4.2L of oil oil I had just put in with an oil change a couple weeks prior. change the air filter even if it doesn't look dirty, water damage does a lot. Especially salt water. New brake pads are a must, from the water as well. Plugs and wires, with the no spark crank i would recommend pulling all the wires, then do cylinder no. 1 only, attach a small flexible hose to a shop-vac, turn it on and crank away, then proceed throughout all the cylinders in numerical order. once you have cranked it and dried it out as best you can do another oil change, inspect the colour (milky=bad), replace it as well as the filter, then crank it, if it starts, let it run for five minutes, kill it drain it, fill it, run it and kill it, check the dipstick for milkiness, and repeat until normal colour. I had to do this about ten times to get the water out of my engine. FYI once i had mine running, with all the oil and parts replaced I could have dropped a new crate engine in it.
nmc3722 is offline   Reply With Quote