Thread: 2005 Frontier
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 02:51 PM   #2
blackknight03
AF Newbie

yeah it really depends on what you want... all tacoma v6 models in 2005 have the 245 hp 4.0v6. Nissan released final figures on the Frontier. Its v6 will be pumping out 265hp and 284 lb. ft. If you like the x-runner, Nissan won't be offereing a similar package as of yet. So as far as street trucks go, the Colorado Extreme and much faster Tacoma X-Runner are your ownly choice (since the Dakota R/T is deceased). As far as a 4x4 or 4x2 off-road goes the new Frontier and Tacoma's are at the top of their class. The Dakota really reaches into it's own class with it's slightly higher price and v8 engines (gas guzzlers). The new Tacoma and Frontier have very upscale interiors, more room in both the ext. cabs and crew cabs and great utility and off-road packages. If you are looking at crewcabs only the frontier can be had with a sunroof and either truck is available with it's v6 and a 6 SPEED MANUAL (woo-hoo). I find interesting is the fact that Toyota and Nissan switched on the availability of a long-bed with the crew cab. Toyota offers it for 05 where as nissan no longer does on it's 05! Hope this helps in your decision making! As for me I think this winter i'm going to trade my 03 Frontier Desert Runner SE Ext. Cab for a 2005Frontier Crew Cab SE off-Road w/ a sunroof and the 6spd manual!

Later,
blackknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote