View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 02:13 AM   #6
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
I love the Z1 - I actually have about 200 photos I've collected of it from around the net. Quirky little car, sort of odd looking, but I think that's part of it's charm. I had the same question you did when I saw it on the S&D list. Someone must have REALLY wanted one to go through the trouble of getting it approved. I hadn't heard the part about the whole car being recyclable - that's kind of interesting.

They weren't ever offered for sale here, but amazingly about 2 yrs before the S&D legislation was introduced I did see one near my home in SoCal. I thought maybe it was a foreigner who had brought his car in on a short term Visa. I also live fairly close to "Designworks" which is BMWs west coast design studio here in the States, so it might have had something to do with them. I can't imagine what use they'd have for a car that at that time was growing old and either already discontinued or about to be at the time of my sighting.

= = = = =

XP4 ?? Really?? .....sigh

Jealous isn't even the word, let me tell you. Congrats though - there aren't going to be many people who can say they've even seen that car, not to mention gotten some seat time. Is there an admission price I could pay? -hehe

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote