View Single Post
Old 10-16-2001, 12:48 AM   #7
eternalparadox
AF Newbie

okay I think I got it.

I think I figured out what is wrong, now I need some help with it, could the leak in the resevior be letting the excess coolant from escaping. The honda radiator are set at around 15psi right? After that boiling point it pushes coolant to the resevior, if it is leaking there, when the car cools again and the pressure comes down it sucks what should be coolant back in to the radiator, but if it has leaked out, then it is sucking air in? Is this a correct assumption? So this being repaeted over and over again could have caused all these problem? (any help?)
I did hit a dip in the road, going rather fast a few days before all my troubles began, this could explain the mechanics saying my radiator fluid was low,filling it, then my car overheating...
So the crack led to the low coolant, which eventually lead to the crack in the radiator, now the question is if the head gasket blew? Is this happen easily?

Now the real question is, how much are you thinking this would run, understandably your not mechanics, but lets say

I need to have that crack,leak whatever sealed up under the car? Radiator$115+labor, any thoughts on the cost of a pressure test, Estimates?
Any help would be appreciated...

-a starving college student...
-eternalparadox
eternalparadox is offline   Reply With Quote